Assistant / Intern Brewer
We are currently searching for a motivated, detail oriented, passionate Assistant/Intern Brewer to join our team!
Experience is not required as we are looking for someone who has a passion for learning the industry and understanding the multifaceted aspects of the job. A willingness to acquire a working knowledge of all aspects of the brewery is of the utmost importance for this role after joining the team. This position will work directly alongside the Head Brewer/Owner and will be expected to participate in product development, sourcing of raw materials, brewing beer, shipping beer, meeting customers, and marketing our products.
The Assistant or Intern Brewer is expected to represent the company at all times, and you may be expected to speak publicly at events, beer tastings, or generally in the tasting room.
This position may require early or late shifts, weekend and holiday work depending on our release or brew schedule.
- The key responsibility of the assistant or intern brewer is to oversee the brewing process alongside the Head Brewer.
- Ensure the brew recipe is being followed accordingly and accurately and the beer is stored correctly.
- Ensure safety and hygiene standards are followed at all times throughout the brewery.
- Ensure all beers are stored properly and that the draft system is set up properly.
- Maintain all chemicals and gases properly.
- Wash & sanitize all kegs and tanks accordingly.
- Operate of pallet jacks & fork lift.
- Set-up, prepare & operate canning line machine & area.
Product Development & Brewing:
- Work in conjunction with management and owners to develop unique brews that fit with our brand.
Sourcing & Recording Raw Materials:
- Work with the Head Brewer and input all materials into Ekos accordingly.
- Ensure materials are being stockpiled correctly and that there is sufficient inventory available for the current beer production rate.
- Ensure materials are inventoried properly in Ekos.
- Detailed records must be kept, with the goal of improving beer quality and production processes.
- Maintain equipment within the brewery and clean them regularly following all standards set by Head Brewer.
- Create a maintenance schedule which works well with production requirements.
- Maintain the Waste Water Treatment system.
- Assess the quality of the brew throughout the brewing process.
- Responsible for both scientific and taste-testing of the brews.
- Expected to think critically and think of ways to improve the brewing and setting up goals for improving the productivity, hygiene and safety of the brewery.